Establishing Tax Residency
Establish your Tax Residency through CRS Self-Certification
About CRS
Thank you for banking with us.
Governments worldwide are introducing a new information reporting requirement called Common Reporting Standard (“CRS”).
CRS and your tax residency
Under Hong Kong’s legislation1 on CRS, we are required to determine your tax residency2 and provide your account information3 to the Inland Revenue Department if you are a tax resident outside Hong Kong and of a reportable jurisdiction4.
How you can help
To comply with the legislation, we need your assistance in providing and confirming to us your tax residency details. This process is called self-certification. You can do so by using one of the following submission methods, if applicable:
1 Complete the process online
You can log on to Personal Internet Banking to access and complete the Individual Tax Residency Self-Certification online through “My Tax Residency Details” under "My Banking".
1 Submit the form
Download the Individual Tax Residency Self-Certification Form from our CRS website. Once completed please submit it by post5.
Please complete your self-certification on or before 15 OCT 2018. Completing your self-certification on time helps ensure our CRS reporting is based on accurate and up-to-date information. Without it, we will rely on the information in our records to determine your tax residency.
If you have multiple relationships with us, you may be approached by different parts of the HSBC Group. Your response to all our requests help us serve your better and capture your information accurately, and we are grateful for your assistance and support in providing this information.
Please visit our CRS website www.crs.hsbc.com/en/rbwm/hongkong for details. If you have questions on your tax residency status, please visit the website of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (“OECD”). If you need tax advice, please speak to your tax advisor.
hank you for your support and cooperation.
The “2016 Inland Revenue (Amendment) (No.3) Ordinance”, which commenced operation on 30 June 2016, and any subsequent legislative amendments.
Your tax residency is the country/territory where you are a resident for tax purposes (usually where you are liable to pay income taxes)
The information may include, but is not limited to, the account balance and the total amount of interest paid to the account.
The list of reportable jurisdictions and the list of jurisdictions that have signed AEOI agreements with Hong Kong may be updated from time to time. Customers may refer to the IRD website http://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/tax/aeoi/rpt_jur.htm for the latest information.
Post to the following address: HSBC PO Box 74523 Kowloon Central Post Office Hong Kong
Ref: Y8-B1-RACL18-EDM1
Please do not reply to this email. Should you wish to contact us, please send an email to csv@hsbc.com.hk and we will get back to you. Note: It is important that you do not provide your account or credit card number, or disclose any confidential information or banking instructions in your email.
We maintain strict security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorised access to information about you. We will never contact you by email or otherwise and ask you to validate personal information such as your user ID, password or account numbers. If you receive such a request, please call 2233 3000.
This e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify HSBC immediately by calling the above respective hotline.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
Privacy and SecurityTerms of UseHyperlink Policy
© Copyright. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited 2018. All rights reserved.